Excellent customer service, strong organizational skills and the ability to handle concerns with professionalism and efficiency are keys to success in this role.
Hotel Front Desk Job Overview
We are seeking a professional hotel front desk agent to be the welcoming face of [Company Name]. Responsibilities include registering guests, managing reservations and providing information about [Company Name’s] rooms and amenities.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, a friendly demeanor and a commitment to delivering exceptional customer service. The role will contribute to creating a pleasant and memorable stay for our guests.
Schedule: Full-Time (40 hours per week), with the possibility of overtime beyond 40 hours per week
Hotel Front Desk Duties & Responsibilities
- Performing efficient check-in and check-out tasks
- Verifying customers’ payment methods and credit card data
- Assigning rooms, informing guests of specials and offering hotel information
- Organizing transport services and providing local attraction details
- Handling phone and online reservations and event bookings
- Elevating significant issues to supervisors or relevant teams
- Collaborating with housekeeping to prepare rooms for new guests
- Responding to and redirecting phone calls
Hotel Front Desk Qualifications & Skills
- Familiarity with hotel reservation software, such as Cloudbeds and RoomKeyPMS
- Understanding of travel planning websites like Booking and TripAdvisor
- Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to learn on the job
- Capable of handling phone calls and managing stressful situations
- Ability to stay positive and friendly in high-pressure situations
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and appearance
Hotel Front Desk Education & Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience as a hotel front desk agent, receptionist or similar role preferred
Use our job description template to simplify your hiring process. Customize to match your company’s preferences.
Download this FREE job description template
"*" indicates required fields
Related: How To Write a Job Description