A Receptionist enhances the overall guest and visitor experience by greeting and welcoming them upon arrival, answering and directing calls, managing front desk operations and assisting with clerical tasks. Receptionists should have a friendly and welcoming demeanor, excellent communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, empathy and cultural sensitivity.
Hire the best Receptionists with our free Receptionist Job Description Template. Simply customize it and use it for your job posts.
Receptionist Job Overview
We at [Company Name] are looking for a Receptionist to join our team. Their tasks would include operating the front desk, answering our multi-line telephone system, monitoring facility access and performing administrative tasks.
We welcome fresh graduates for this role, but those with experience in customer service and hospitality are preferred.
Candidates are expected to have solid communication skills and a positive and professional attitude and be skilled in operating personal computers, phones, software and other basic IT systems.
Schedule: Full-time, Monday–Friday, can include weekends and holidays
Receptionist Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet and welcome visitors promptly and professionally upon their arrival
- Answer incoming calls, provide sufficient information and transfer calls as necessary
- Schedule appointments and meetings, notifying relevant parties and updating calendars accordingly
- Handle and distribute incoming mail and packages, and coordinate outgoing shipments
- Assist with basic administrative tasks, including data entry, filing and document organization
- Monitor and control access to the premises while ensuring all security protocols are followed
- Resolve issues or concerns raised by visitors or employees, escalating when necessary
Receptionist Experience Requirements & Skills
- Minimum of [Number] years in a receptionist or front desk role is preferred
- Proven track record managing busy front desks and handling high call volumes
- Previous experience scheduling appointments and effectively managing calendars
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in operating office equipment, including multi-line phone systems, copiers and printers
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of data entry and filing and in using Office software, including word processing and email
Receptionist Education & Qualifications
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Tourism or a related course
- Certifications or training in customer service or hospitality is a plus
Receptionist Job Description Template — Free Download
Tap the best receptionists for your organization by downloading our free Receptionist Job Description Template below.
Write your email address, click the Free Download button and customize the details to fit your requirements.
"*" indicates required fields
Related: How To Write a Job Description