Servers play a vital role in ensuring that a restaurant’s customers have a positive and enjoyable dining experience.
They are responsible for preparing tables, serving food and beverages to customers, taking orders and answering questions about the menu.
They must also be able to handle complaints and cash out customers.
Prepare your next job ad with our free Server Job Description Template.
Server Job Overview
We at [Company Name] are seeking new Servers to join our restaurant at our [Location] site.
All Servers must report to our Restaurant Manager and complete daily duties, including cleaning and processing cash transactions.
Salary: $30,000–$35,000/year + tips
Schedule: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Server Duties & Responsibilities
- Welcome guests warmly upon arrival, escort them to their tables and provide them with menus to peruse
- Take orders attentively, ensuring accuracy and noting any special requests or dietary preferences
- Serve meals promptly and accurately, ensuring each dish is presented in an appealing manner
- Attend to guests’ needs throughout their dining experience, promptly addressing any concerns or additional requests
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the server station, including restocking supplies and keeping the area tidy
- Process payments securely, whether cash or card transactions, and provide guests with accurate receipts
Server Experience Requirements & Skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for guest interaction
- Accurate order-taking and communication
- Efficient multitasking in fast-paced environments
- Attention to detail for precise service
- Quick problem-solving to ensure guest satisfaction
- Commitment to cleanliness and teamwork
Server Education & Qualifications
- Relevant experience in hospitality and/or related certifications or courses are a plus
Server Job Description Template — Free Download
Find your next Server with our free Server Job Description Template. Customize the information in brackets, such as [Company Name], and add other details as needed.
Get the template by filling out the form and clicking Free Download below.
"*" indicates required fields
Related: How To Write a Job Description