A Restaurant Manager oversees all aspects of restaurant operations to ensure smooth functioning and an exceptional dining experience for customers.
They coordinate and manage staff, including hiring, training and scheduling, to maintain efficient workflow and customer service standards.
Design professional job ad postings by downloading or copying our free Restaurant Manager Job Description Template below.
Restaurant Manager Job Overview
We are seeking an experienced Restaurant Manager to lead our team at [Restaurant Name].
As a Restaurant Manager, you will be in charge of managing staff, optimizing operational efficiency and maintaining high standards of service and cleanliness.
You will coordinate all daily operations, including staffing, scheduling and training. Additionally, you will be responsible for monitoring inventory, managing budgets and implementing strategies to maximize profitability.
If you are a proactive leader with a passion for hospitality and a track record of success in restaurant management, we invite you to join our team at [Restaurant Name] and contribute to our continued success in providing memorable dining experiences.
Salary: $80,000–$88,000/year (non-tipped position)
Schedule: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Restaurant Manager Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the smooth functioning of the restaurant on a day-to-day basis
- Oversee staff performance and provide training as needed
- Interact with customers and address any concerns promptly
- Monitor inventory levels and minimize waste to maximize profitability
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations
- Collaborate with kitchen staff to create new menu items
- Execute marketing initiatives to attract and retain customers
Restaurant Manager Experience Requirements & Skills
- Minimum of [Number] years of restaurant management experience
- Strong knowledge of the food and beverage industry
- Proficiency in restaurant management software, such as OpenTable
- Familiarity with financial management
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Openness to having a flexible schedule (including evenings, weekends and holidays)
Restaurant Manager Education & Qualifications
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in business, hospitality management or equivalent
- Certification in food safety and/or alcohol service may be required depending on local regulations and the specific requirements of the establishment
Restaurant Manager Job Description Template — Free Download
Simplify the process of creating compelling online job postings for a Restaurant Manager position with our user-friendly template. Start by replacing the information in brackets [ ] and add other details as needed.
Get a copy today by filling out the form and clicking Free Download below.
"*" indicates required fields
Related: How To Write a Job Description