An HR Clerk should be computer-savvy and have excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills to manage multiple priorities.
Write your next job post with our free HR Clerk Job Description Template available for download below.
HR Clerk Job Overview
We at [Company Name] are looking for a growth-oriented HR Clerk to join our team.
As a member of our human resources, you will report directly to our [Position Title] and support all areas of HR, administration and employee interactions.
The ideal candidate should be proficient in using computers, office equipment and relevant software (e.g., HRIS or human resources information system), and have proven HR experience.
Schedule: Full-time, office-based
HR Clerk Duties & Responsibilities
- Efficiently manage data entry tasks, ensuring accurate and timely input of employee information into HR systems
- Support the recruitment process by coordinating interviews, maintaining candidate records and assisting in onboarding activities
- Maintain organized and up-to-date employee records, including personal details, attendance and performance evaluations
- Assist in benefits administration, including enrollment processes and addressing employee inquiries related to benefits
- Coordinate training programs, from scheduling sessions to tracking attendance and maintaining training records
- Handle routine HR inquiries from employees, providing information and assistance on HR policies and procedures
- Support payroll processes by collaborating with the payroll team, ensuring accurate employee timekeeping and data validation
- Assist in organizing employee engagement initiatives and company events, fostering a positive workplace culture
- Manage HR-related documentation, including employment contracts, policy manuals and compliance records
- Support employee offboarding processes, conducting exit interviews and ensuring smooth departure procedures
- Collaborate with other HR team members on various projects and initiatives, contributing to overall HR efficiency
- Stay informed about HR trends and regulations, ensuring compliance with relevant labor laws and industry best practices
HR Clerk Experience Requirements & Skills
- Previous experience in HR administration or a related role, with a focus on data entry and recordkeeping
- Familiarity with HR processes, including recruitment support, benefits administration and employee engagement initiatives
- Strong organizational skills, able to maintain and update employee records efficiently
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, for handling routine HR inquiries and supporting employee engagement initiatives
- Familiarity with HR software (e.g., HRIS) for tasks such as data entry, attendance tracking and benefits administration
- Basic knowledge of HR policies and procedures to provide information and assistance to employees
HR Clerk Education & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related program is preferred
- Certification in administration, human resources, payroll management or a related field is a plus
HR Clerk Job Description Template — Free Download
Get started with your next job ad with ease using our free HR Clerk Job Description Template.
Fill out the form below and click the Free Download button to get a template you can customize for your job ad.
"*" indicates required fields
Related: How To Write a Job Description