Enhance your recruitment process for the Accounts Administrator position by downloading or copying OysterLink’s comprehensive job description template below.
Accounts Administrator Job Overview
Become a vital part of [Company Name] as an Accounts Administrator.
Your main duties will involve managing our accounts payable and receivable. This includes tasks like checking and reconciling accounts, handling external payments and keeping careful records of invoices and receipts.
We’re looking for someone with a background in Finance or Accounting who is familiar with bookkeeping. Your role is crucial in ensuring all our financial transactions happen accurately and on time.
Apply now to contribute to our success!
Schedule: Full-time (40 hours per week), with the possibility of overtime beyond 40 hours per week
Accounts Administrator Duties & Responsibilities
- Process bank deposits
- Reconcile all bank accounts and resolve issues in processing financial statements
- Prepare, send and store invoices
- Prepare and submit tax documentation to the proper legal institutions
- Identify and address discrepancies
- Report on the status of accounts payable and receivable
- Update internal accounting databases and spreadsheets
- Manage petty cash by recording all monetary transactions
- Ensure all accounting documentation is correctly stored and highly visible
- Analyze transaction records to comply with financial policies and procedures
- Oversee all outstanding supplier, customer and third-party vendor obligations
- Update management on any financial discrepancies found during tax filing or invoicing duties
- Adhere to best practices in accounting as outlined by industry experts and the company
- Assist audit activities
- Provide excellent customer service to vendors, clients and stakeholders
- Recognize and suggest enhancements to processes
- Support accounting staff by answering questions about processes, procedures, and policies
- Maintain an orderly file system and work environment
Accounts Administrator Experience Requirements & Skills
- Proven work experience as an Accounts Administrator or similar role
- Good knowledge of bookkeeping procedures and debt collection regulations
- Comprehensive knowledge of tax filing procedures
- Solid data entry skills with an ability to identify numerical errors
- Good organizational, time-management and problem-solving abilities
- Effective decision-making and communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet software such as Excel or Google Sheets
- Proficient with accounting software such as NetSuite ERP or QuickBooks Online
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining accuracy
- Ability to collaborate with coworkers, clients and suppliers
- Ability to handle confidential information
Accounts Administrator Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
Accounts Administrator Job Description Template – Free Download
Securing the ideal Accounts Administrator for your team begins with a thoughtfully crafted job description. Download our Accounts Administrator Job Description Template to attract top-tier candidates who align with your organizational needs.
"*" indicates required fields
Related: How To Write a Job Description