Attract the best talent for your job posting. Copy or download our free Sanitation Worker Job Description Template below to attract the finest candidates for your posting.
Sanitation Worker Job Overview
[Company Name] is seeking a dedicated and hardworking individual to join the team as a sanitation worker. In this role, you will efficiently collect and dispose of garbage and recyclables from the hotel. Your duties also include transporting waste to appropriate disposal facilities such as dumps or landfills, cleaning and sanitizing surfaces and replenishing sanitary products in designated areas.
To succeed in this role, physical fitness, knowledge of different waste types and adherence to proper garbage disposal protocols are essential.
Schedule: Full-Time (40 hours per week), with the possibility of overtime beyond 40 hours per week
Sanitation Worker Duties & Responsibilities
- Collect and dispose waste materials
- Clean and disinfect restrooms, including toilets, sinks and floors
- Dust ventilation ducts
- Utilize power equipment such as floor sweepers, vacuums and scrubbers
- Transport garbage safely at approved dump sites
- Separate recyclables like glass, paper and plastic for effective recycling
- Drive garbage trucks, operating mechanisms for lifting, dumping and setting trash cans or dumpsters down
- Maintain garbage trucks through routine maintenance tasks
- Maintain stocks of cleaning supplies and equipment
- Adhere to health and safety regulations, including the proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and following safety protocols
- Provide assistance and support to other staff members or departments when necessary
- Report potential issues to management
Sanitation Worker Experience Requirements & Skills
- Proven experience as a sanitation worker or in a similar role
- Physical stamina and the ability to perform repetitive tasks and lift heavy objects
- Experience working with hazardous materials and understanding proper waste disposal methods
- Understanding of health and safety regulations and the ability to follow protocols and procedures
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment and machinery is an asset
- Strong time management skills to meet deadlines and complete tasks efficiently
- Good communication skills to interact effectively with colleagues and supervisors
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and be a dependable team player
Sanitation Worker Education & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Commercial driver’s license to operate a garbage-disposal truck (where applicable)
- Certifications in hazardous material handling or biohazardous waste disposal are advantageous
Sanitation Worker Job Description Template — Free Download
Optimize your hiring procedures and enhance time efficiency using our customizable job description template. Begin by replacing [Company Name] with your organization’s name. Ensure to incorporate specific benefits and perks tailored to the role and your company.
Leverage our user-friendly template to streamline the process and save time!
"*" indicates required fields
Related: How To Write a Job Description