A successful assistant property manager possesses strong property management knowledge and has excellent organizational and communication skills.
Assistant Property Manager Job Overview
Join us at [Company Name] as an assistant property manager, where you’ll take on a vital role in our day-to-day operations, to support the property manager and ensure regulatory compliance.
Responsibilities include administrative tasks, along with budgeting and financial reporting. Successful candidates will showcase excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
If you’re dedicated and ambitious, [Company Name] is the ideal place to advance your career.
Schedule: Full-Time (40 hours per week), Monday–Friday, with the possibility of overtime beyond 40 hours per week.
Assistant Property Manager Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducting property inspections and coordinating maintenance to ensure safety standards
- Assisting in account management, rent collection and issuance of tenant notices
- Creating and sharing marketing materials to attract potential tenants
- Showing properties to potential tenants and explaining occupancy terms
- Processing applications, conducting credit checks and holding interviews
- Maintaining organized tenant files and records
- Assisting in budget preparation and financial reporting
- Cultivating positive relationships with prospective and current tenants
- Preparing and executing detailed and legally compliant lease agreements
- Addressing and resolving resident questions, concerns and complaints promptly
- Collaborating with external vendors like HVAC contractors and plumbers
- Distributing company-issued notices
- Communicating completed tasks and reporting problems to the property manager
Assistant Property Manager Qualifications & Skills
- Familiarity with property management laws, industry standards and regulations
- Basic bookkeeping skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and time management abilities
- Outstanding interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google apps
- Capability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
Assistant Property Manager Education & Experience Requirements
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED (preferably with a degree in business administration, management or a related field)
- Prior experience in property management, vendor management and contract negotiation
Use our job description template to simplify your hiring process. Customize to match your company’s preferences.
Download this FREE job description template
"*" indicates required fields
Related: How To Write a Job Description