Streamline your hiring process for Maintenance Worker roles with OysterLink’s Job Description Template. Designed for efficiency, it simplifies your recruitment process and seamlessly attracts top candidates.
Maintenance Worker Job Overview
We are looking for an expert Maintenance Worker who will become a key member of our team at [Company Name].
As a Maintenance Worker, you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, such as fixing plumbing systems, repairing and maintaining floors and ensuring that heating and air conditioning systems are working properly.
In addition, you will regularly check machines and equipment for potential wear and tear.
You will address issues identified during inspections or problems reported by staff, ensuring minimal disruption to operations.
You will also be in charge of keeping logs of all maintenance work, tracking maintenance supplies and following safety protocols to maintain a safe environment for all employees and visitors and keep.
Your responsibilities will also include training and guiding junior staff and overseeing work done by external contractors.
If you have a passion for maintaining and enhancing operational efficiency and for contributing to a team that values safety and reliability, we invite you to apply for the Maintenance Worker position at [Company Name].
Your role will be pivotal in driving operational success and maintaining the highest standards of quality and efficiency in our facilities.
Schedule: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Maintenance Worker Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage basic repairs and maintenance, such as fixing leaky faucets and replacing light fixtures
- Check machinery, equipment and building structures for any signs of wear or malfunction
- Address and resolve issues identified during inspections or reported by staff
- Adhere to all workplace safety standards and regulations to maintain a secure environment for employees and visitors
- Record all maintenance work, including dates, tasks performed and materials used
- Track maintenance supplies, tools and equipment
- Order new stock, when needed
- Respond to and manage urgent maintenance issues
- Work with external service providers for specialized maintenance tasks
- Regularly evaluate and improve maintenance procedures and practice
- Help less experienced staff in maintenance tasks and best practices
- Stay updated with the latest safety regulations, maintenance techniques and industry trends
Maintenance Worker Experience Requirements & Skills
- Proven experience in a maintenance role, showing familiarity with maintenance procedures and equipment
- Proficient in a wide range of technical tasks, including basic carpentry, plumbing and electrical work
- Skilled in interpreting blueprints, repair manuals and parts catalogs
- Knowledgeable in using precision measuring tools and electronic testing devices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledgeable in safety protocols
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong organizational skills
Maintenance Worker Education & Qualifications
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Related degree from a technical college, such as an Associate’s Degree in Industrial Maintenance, or a related field is preferred
Maintenance Worker Job Description Template — Free Download
Get our Maintenance Worker Job Description Template by entering your email address and clicking Download.
This customizable template allows you to adjust essential elements such as work hours, salary and other important details to suit your company’s specific requirements.
Its flexibility guarantees a comprehensive job listing, uniquely tailored to draw in the most qualified candidates.
Utilize our expertly designed template to create an engaging and thorough job advertisement, aimed at attracting the best talent in the field.
"*" indicates required fields
Related: How To Write a Job Description