Optimize your Safety Officer hiring process with OysterLink’s specialized Job Description Template. Streamlined for efficiency, it attracts highly qualified candidates with expertise in occupational health and safety.
Safety Officer Job Overview
[Company Name] is actively seeking a qualified Safety Officer to join our team.
Your primary responsibility will be to uphold the health and safety of our staff. You will play a key role in developing and standardizing safety programs, sharing best practices during regular staff meetings.
The ideal candidate must be experienced and adept at ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety guidelines, fostering a consistently safe work environment and preventing accidents and injuries.
A successful Safety Officer at [Company Name] will ensure full compliance with safety regulations and promote a culture where every staff member adheres to the established standards.
If you are passionate about safety, knowledgeable in OSH guidelines and dedicated to creating a secure workplace, we invite you to contribute to our team’s success.
Schedule: Full-time (40 hours per week), with the possibility of overtime beyond 40 hours per week
Safety Officer Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the development of occupational health and safety (OHS) policies and programs
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics, such as noise levels and the use of machinery
- Conduct risk assessments and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and update them according to legislation
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that appear dangerous or unhealthy
- Oversee installations, maintenance and disposal of substances
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on incidents and provide statistical information to upper management
- Conduct regular staff meetings to share best practice techniques and standardize health and safety
- Work with HR on new employee safety onboarding
Safety Officer Experience Requirements & Skills
- Proven experience as a Safety Officer
- In-depth knowledge of OSHA and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) legislation
- Familiarity with potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Proficient in conducting data analysis
- Proficient in MS Office; working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- Great interpersonal critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Safety Officer Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety Management or a similar field
- Having certification in occupational health and safety such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Occupational Health and Safety Technician (OHST) and Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is a plus
Safety Officer Job Description Template – Free Download
Download our Safety Officer Job Description Template to craft a compelling job description and attract qualified candidates who align with your organization’s safety and compliance requirements.
"*" indicates required fields
Related: How To Write a Job Description