Desktop Support Engineers should be experienced in an information technology (IT) help desk environment and have strong knowledge in patch management, anti-malware, antivirus, imaging, TCP/IP networking principles, inventory management and desktop operating systems, among others.
Reach the talent you need with our Desktop Support Engineer Job Description Template. Simply tailor the details after downloading, and use it for your job posts.
Desktop Support Engineer Job Overview
We at [Company Name] are looking for a Desktop Support Engineer to join our technology team. They will provide expert-level desktop services and IT support internally and to our partners — both remote and in local offices.
Ideal candidates should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, a minimum of [Number] years of relevant experience and a demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively within a team and provide exceptional customer service. Knowledge of data reporting and analytics is an advantage.
Schedule: Full-time, Monday–Friday, can include weekends and holidays as needed
Desktop Support Engineer Duties & Responsibilities
- Install and configure hardware components, including personal workstations, printers, mobile devices, multimedia displays, projectors and videoconference systems
- Conduct routine maintenance and troubleshoot hardware and software issues promptly
- Provide technical support to end-users, addressing hardware and software-related inquiries or problems
- Collaborate with team members to resolve complex technical issues and escalate when necessary
- Ensure the security and integrity of desktop systems through regular updates, antivirus management and system backups
- Ensure adherence and maintenance of IT policies and procedures
- Document all support activities, solutions and configurations for future reference
- Conduct user training sessions on hardware and software usage as needed
- Respond to service requests within established timeframes and meet service agreements
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all desktop equipment and software licenses
- Stay informed about the latest technology trends and updates relevant to desktop support
Desktop Support Engineer Experience Requirements & Skills
- Minimum [Number] years of hands-on experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technician, etc.
- Proven track record in installing, configuring and maintaining personal workstations and other equipment
- Excellent customer service, rapport-building and team collaboration skills
- Attention to detail and advanced problem-solving skills
- Capable of walking long distances, bending down under desks and lifting items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Proficient in imaging, deployments, break-fix tasks and the use of network testing tools
- Familiar with help desk or support ticketing systems and database management systems
Desktop Support Engineer Education & Qualifications
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related course
- Certifications or training in IT support, help desk, etc. (e.g., CompTIA A+) is an advantage
Desktop Support Engineer Job Description Template — Free Download
Make writing your next job ad easy with our free Desktop Support Engineer Job Description Template below.
Write your email address, click the Free Download button and customize the details to attract the employees you need.
"*" indicates required fields
Related: How To Write a Job Description