Streamline your hiring process by downloading or copying our free Web Editor Job Description Template below.
Web Editor Job Overview
Join [Company Name] as a Web Editor, where you’ll play a crucial role in crafting engaging online content.
As a Web Editor, you’ll work closely with writers, designers and technical experts to ensure smooth planning, development and publication of web content. You will be a key collaborator in crafting and curating content for the company’s website.
Leveraging your expertise, you will contribute to the planning, research, writing and editing of diverse web materials. Meticulously overseeing textual and visual elements, you will ensure that the content aligns with the company’s goals.
If you’re familiar with both the technical and creative sides of web editing, have a keen eye for detail and are enthusiastic about maintaining high standards in online content, we encourage you to apply for the Web Editor position at [Company Name].
Salary: $60,000–$80,000 a year
Schedule: Full-time (40 hours per week), Monday–Friday, with the possibility of overtime beyond 40 hours per week
Web Editor Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with writers, designers and technical experts to plan, develop and publish web content
- Ensure that web content aligns with the overall goals and objectives of the company
- Oversee both textual and visual elements, ensuring a cohesive and high-quality presentation
- Uphold grammatical standards and accuracy in web content
- Demonstrate proficiency in both technical and creative aspects of web editing
- Enhance user experience by optimizing web content for clarity and engagement
- Stay informed about industry trends and best practices in web publishing
Web Editor Experience Requirements & Skills
- Proven experience as a Web Editor or similar role
- Portfolio showcasing successful web content creation and curation
- Familiarity with web publishing platforms and content management systems
- Understanding of SEO principles and best practices
- Proficiency in writing, editing and proofreading web content
- Strong command of grammar, spelling and style conventions
- Ability to collaborate effectively with writers, designers and technical teams
- Keen eye for detail and a commitment to maintaining high content quality
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Knowledge of industry trends and best practices in web publishing
- Proficiency in working with multimedia elements such as images and videos
- Basic understanding of HTML and web design principles is a plus
Web Editor Education & Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English, Marketing or a related field
- Additional certifications or training in web editing, content strategy or related areas are beneficial
Web Editor Job Description Template — Free Download
Download our Web Editor Job Description Template by entering your email address and clicking the Free Download button.
Simplify the creation of engaging online job postings for a Web Editor role using our free template.
Replace [Company Name] with the name of your company, adjust salary details and work hours and incorporate other relevant information to attract the best candidates.
Save time and effortlessly create an attractive job advertisement with our free Web Editor Job Description Template!
Download this FREE Web Editor Job Description Template
"*" indicates required fields
Related: How To Write a Job Description