Considering hiring a Procurement Specialist? Use our free Procurement Specialist Job Description Template to attract top-tier candidates.
Procurement Specialist Job Overview
[Company Name] is actively seeking a Procurement Specialist to join our dynamic team.
The role involves managing our organization’s procurement requirements, which includes tasks such as researching new suppliers, ensuring purchased products meet specifications and negotiating with vendors.
In collaboration with organizational leaders, you’ll play a key role in understanding our needs and achieving supply goals efficiently. If you are motivated and experienced in procurement, [Company Name], a highly-rated firm in our industry, is the ideal place to grow your career.
Join us and contribute to our continued success!
Schedule: Full-time (40 hours per week), with the possibility of overtime beyond 40 hours per week
Procurement Specialist Duties & Responsibilities
- Research suppliers of goods and services
- Gather quotes, proposals and purchase terms and conditions
- Execute the purchase of goods or services approved by management
- Evaluate and negotiate vendor contracts
- Monitor and record supplier performance
- Recommend new products, services or materials following industry trends
- Serve as a point person in vendor relationships, addressing questions or concerns
- Attend meetings with the legal department for favorable contractual terms
- Collaborate with project teams for procurement requirements
Procurement Specialist Experience Requirements & Skills
- Proven work experience as a Procurement Specialist or in a similar role
- Solid understanding of purchasing strategies aimed at enhancing cost-effectiveness
- Proficiency in using procurement software systems
- Strong numerical and financial forecasting skills
- Travel readiness to meet vendors and suppliers as necessary
- Capability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Skill in analyzing challenges and exploring solutions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills to build positive vendor relationships
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and business application software for optimal productivity
- Ability to comprehend and apply company standards to ensure alignment with organizational objectives
- Flexibility to work long hours as project demands
Procurement Specialist Education & Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain management, or a related field preferred
- Additional certifications in procurement such as Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) and Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM)
Procurement Specialist Job Description Template — Free Download
This customizable template streamlines the creation of engaging online job ads for a Procurement Specialist position. Start by replacing [Company Name] with your organization’s name and adjust the content to suit your unique requirements.
You have the flexibility to personalize salary details, work schedule and include other relevant information such as employee benefits and opportunities for professional growth.
Access our free Procurement Specialist Job Description template by typing your email and selecting the Free Download option.
"*" indicates required fields
Related: How To Write a Job Description