Optimize your online job advertisement. Copy or download our free Human Resources Intern Job Description Template.
Join [Company Name] as an HR Intern and gain the opportunity to contribute to the dynamic functions of the Human Resources department.
In this role, you will actively participate in administrative tasks, such as updating employee records, screening resumes and scheduling interviews.
Supporting various HR functions, including payroll, recruitment and employee development, you will be in charge of maintaining the efficiency and effectiveness of HR policies and procedures.
If you are detail-oriented, organized and eager to gain hands-on experience in the field of Human Resources, we invite you to apply for the HR Intern position at [Company Name].
Schedule: Full-time commitment
Human Resources Intern Duties & Responsibilities
- Update and maintain employee records
- Screen resumes and assist in the recruitment process
- Schedule interviews and communicate with candidates
- Support payroll activities and documentation
- Assist in employee onboarding and orientation
- Contribute to the development of HR policies and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive HR information
- Participate in employee engagement initiatives
- Assist in organizing training and development programs
- Help in the coordination of HR events and activities
- Respond to employee inquiries and provide assistance
- Contribute to the creation of HR-related communications
- Use HRIS (Human Resources Information System) for data management
Human Resources Intern Experience & Skills
- Demonstrated interest in Human Resources through coursework or previous experience
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and precision
- Familiarity with HR processes and basic policies
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Basic understanding of recruitment and screening procedures
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Eagerness to learn and adapt to new challenges
- Collaborative and able to work well in a team
- Time management skills for handling multiple tasks concurrently
- Problem-solving mindset and proactive approach
- Basic knowledge of HRIS (Human Resources Information System)
- Awareness of diversity, equity and inclusion principles
- Enthusiastic about gaining practical experience in Human Resources
Human Resources Intern Education & Qualifications
- Pursuing studies in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field
- Completed coursework in HR fundamentals and principles
Human Resources Intern Job Description Template — Free Download
Use this template to create catchy online job ads for a Human Resources Intern role. Simply replace [Company Name] with your organization’s name and tailor the content to fit your needs.
Access the free template by submitting your email and clicking the Free Download button.
"*" indicates required fields
Related: How To Write a Job Description