Recruiting for a Head of Marketing? Utilize our free Head of Marketing Job Description Template to streamline the search for the ideal candidate for your team.
Head of Marketing Job Overview
[Company Name] is in search of an exceptional individual to assume the role of Head of Marketing and spearhead our marketing initiatives.
As the Head of Marketing, you will be instrumental in crafting strategic marketing plans, overseeing budgets and setting goals for your teams.
Your responsibilities will extend to maintaining a cohesive brand message, analyzing consumer behavior and identifying avenues for market expansion.
If you’re prepared to lead the development of our marketing strategy, execute diverse online and offline campaigns and contribute to our growth, we look forward to meeting you.
Schedule: Full-time (40 hours per week), with the possibility of overtime beyond 40 hours per week
Head of Marketing Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop strategies for Marketing teams, including Digital, Advertising and Communications
- Analyze consumer behavior and identify customer personas to inform marketing efforts
- Research the latest marketing strategies for competitive excellence
- Monitor competition by tracking acquisitions, pricing changes and new products or features
- Plan and participate in the launch of new services and products across departments
- Brief press and PR teams on new services and products for positive feedback
- Design branding, positioning and pricing strategies for products and services
- Ensure a strong and consistent brand message across all channels, including events, email campaigns, web pages and promotional material
- Create product messaging that highlights unique selling points and sets products apart in the market
- Identify opportunities to reach new market segments and expand market share
- Develop and implement quarterly and annual hiring plans for the marketing team
- Set, monitor and report on team goals to ensure effective performance
- Promote strong and inspiring leadership in the team
- Manage creative agencies and retainer partners for optimal output
- Develop a stakeholder engagement strategy to maximize relationships with clients, investors, partners and intermediaries
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual budgets for the Marketing department
- Ensure compliance with marketing and copyright regulations
- Act as a spokesperson and ambassador for the organization
- Participate in conventions, trade shows and conferences
Head of Marketing Experience Requirements & Skills
- Work experience as a Head of Marketing or VP Marketing, preferably within our industry
- Proven track record of running successful marketing campaigns
- Familiarity with the latest trends and technologies in digital marketing
- Experience with CRM software to effectively manage customer relationships
- Proficient in using marketing analytics tools for performance measurement
- Exceptional ability to plan and manage budgets
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to set and prioritize goals for the team
- Analytical mindset to interpret data and make informed decisions
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, problem-solving abilities and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Adaptability to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes
Head of Marketing Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Psychology, Communications, Advertising or a Business Management related subject
- Having certifications from the Content Marketing Institute, Digital Marketing Institute and Sales and Marketing Executives International is a plus
Head of Marketing Job Description Template — Free Download
Download our free Head of Marketing Job Description Template to streamline your hiring process and ensure you attract top-tier talent for this crucial leadership role.
Tailor the template by replacing [Company Name] with your organization’s name, and customize the content to highlight your company’s culture, values and unique selling points.
"*" indicates required fields
Related: How To Write a Job Description