Looking to hire a Demand Planner? Download our free Demand Planner Job Description Template to simplify your search for the perfect candidate for your organization.
Demand Planning Job Overview
[Company Name] is seeking a proactive Demand Planner to contribute to the efficiency and success of our operations.
Your responsibilities will encompass creating and maintaining forecast models for our diverse customer base, incorporating insights from sales, marketing, finance, development and supply.
Successful Demand Planners at [Company Name] consider various data sources, including past sales data, advertising budgets, distributor and retailer actions and external factors like weather and social events, to arrive at accurate forecasts.
If you are a professional with exceptional analytical and communication skills, [Company Name] offers an exciting opportunity to apply your expertise and contribute to our continued growth and success.
Schedule: Full-time (40 hours per week), with the possibility of overtime beyond 40 hours per week
Demand Planning Duties & Responsibilities
- Collect data from internal and external sources regarding factors influencing demand
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile variances and refine forecast models
- Interact with sales, marketing and customer finance to understand forecast drivers
- Analyze sales, stock and other statistical data to derive insights
- Communicate forecast and inventory estimations to management effectively
- Use and maintain demand planning software for accurate forecasting
- Track and report on key performance indicators related to demand planning, providing insights for continuous improvement
- Support management with risk assessments and mitigation strategies
- Monitor changes in sales forecasts, budgets and business strategies
- Manage customer orders and inventory to meet requirements
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key customers
- Develop and implement inventory control policies
- Work closely with product development and marketing teams to integrate demand planning considerations into the launch of new products
Demand Planning Experience Requirements & Skills
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in demand planning or forecasting roles
- Knowledgeable in Supply Chain Theory and inventory metrics
- Understanding of statistical modeling techniques
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Demonstrated accountability in managing demand planning responsibilities
- Ability to comprehend and track significant economic trends
- Proficient applied math skills for practical application
- Effective presentation and verbal communication skills
- Capacity for cross-functional collaboration
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to multitask efficiently in a dynamic environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Demand Planning Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or relevant fields
- Having certifications such as Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) and Demand Driven Planner (DDP) is advantageous
Demand Planning Job Description Template — Free Download
Download our free Demand Planner Job Description Template to simplify your hiring process and attract top-tier talent for this position.
Personalize the template by substituting [Company Name] with your organization’s name and customize the content to showcase your company’s culture, values and distinctive features that make it an appealing workplace.
"*" indicates required fields
Related: How To Write a Job Description