Beyond offering a warm reception, greeters are responsible for managing guest flow to ensure a smooth and efficient functioning of the establishment. They play a crucial part in organizing reservations, coordinating seating arrangements and providing guests with essential information.
Streamline the process of advertising your vacancies online by copying or downloading our free Greeter Job Description Template below.
Greeter Job Overview
Join our team at [Company Name] as a Greeter and contribute to the smooth operation of our establishment.
Your duties will include anything from creating a welcoming atmosphere to efficiently managing guest flow during various events and special occasions. Proficiency in guest relations, including reservation coordination and information provision, is crucial for excelling in this role.
If you’re ready to advance your career in hospitality in an environment that values dedication and ambition, [Company Name] is an ideal environment for your professional growth.
Schedule: Full-Time (40 hours per week), Monday–Friday, with the possibility of overtime beyond 40 hours per week
Greeter Duties & Responsibilities
- Welcoming guests, customers and visitors and directing them to their seats
- Creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere for guests upon arrival
- Efficiently managing guest flow and seating arrangements during various events and occasions
- Providing guests with essential information
- Collaborating with front-of-house management
- Demonstrating proficiency in front-of-house administration tasks
- Navigating high-pressure situations with grace and professionalism
- Maintaining the highest standards of hospitality and client satisfaction
Greeter Qualifications & Skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Warm and friendly demeanor to create a positive first impression
- Ability to manage and organize guest flow efficiently
- Proficiency in coordinating seating arrangements
- Attention to detail with a keen eye for accuracy in guest services.
- Grace and professionalism in dealing with high-pressure situations
- Strong organizational skills to contribute to the smooth operation of front-of-house tasks
- Knowledge of front-of-house administration tasks and procedures
- Collaborative mindset to work effectively with the hospitality team.
Greeter Education & Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a customer service or hospitality role is a plus
Greeter Job Description Template — Free Download
Download our Greeter Job Description Template by providing your email address and clicking the Free Download button.
This customizable template allows you to effortlessly post job listings online. To get started, download the template, replace [Company Name] with the name of your establishment, and then carefully review and edit the template to align with your specific needs and offerings.
You can tailor it to include wage information, education and experience requirements and any other pertinent details that will attract the perfect candidates for your job opening.
Save time and create a standout job posting with our user-friendly template!
Download this FREE job description template
"*" indicates required fields
Related: How To Write a Job Description