Field Sales Representatives have good people skills and a proactive mindset to sell products or services. At the same time, they should be able to bounce back from setbacks and understand that rejection is part of their work.
Create a job post in a few minutes with our free Field Sales Representative Job Description Template.
Field Sales Representative Job Overview
We at [Company Name] are seeking a Field Sales (Outside Sales) Representative for our [Office Name] based in [Location].
As the face and voice of our organization, you will meet with potential and existing customers regularly and ensure personalized sales interactions every time. You will work closely with our [Position Title].
We’re looking for candidates with sales experience and top-tier negotiation skills. If you have these qualities, then we know you can get the job done!
Salary: $55,000–$60,000/year [Commissions possible]
Schedule: Full-time (40 hours per week); schedule can vary and may include evenings, weekends and holidays
Field Sales Representative Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct face-to-face sales meetings with potential clients to understand their needs and present products or services effectively
- Build and maintain relationships with key decision-makers, influencers and stakeholders in the assigned territory
- Actively prospect and generate leads through cold calling, door-to-door visits and networking events
- Provide product demonstrations and articulate the value proposition to address customer pain points and requirements
- Work collaboratively with the inside sales team to ensure seamless communication and follow-up on leads
- Meet and exceed sales targets by managing the sales pipeline and closing deals
- Gather market intelligence and competitor information to stay informed about industry trends and customer preferences
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of customer interactions and transactions in the customer relationship management (CRM) system
- Collaborate with marketing teams to coordinate and participate in local promotional events and trade shows
- Provide regular feedback to the sales manager regarding challenges, successes and opportunities in the field
- Continuously enhance product knowledge and sales techniques through training and self-directed learning
- Negotiate terms and conditions with customers, ensuring mutually beneficial agreements
- Resolve customer concerns and issues promptly, maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to maximize market penetration and revenue growth
- Travel within the assigned territory to meet clients, attend meetings and participate in industry events
Field Sales Representative Experience Requirements & Skills
- Minimum of [Number] years of experience as a Field Sales Representative or in a similar outside sales role
- Familiarity with CRM systems and the ability to maintain accurate and organized customer records
- Strong presentation skills, including the ability to effectively articulate product value propositions and conduct demonstrations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to engage and build rapport with diverse stakeholders
- Results-driven mindset, with a focus on achieving and exceeding sales targets and objectives
- Organizational and time management skills to prioritize tasks and manage a dynamic schedule
- Team collaboration skills to work effectively with internal teams, including inside sales and marketing
- Flexibility and willingness to travel within the assigned territory as required
- Having a driver’s license is required
Field Sales Representative Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field
- Additional certifications or courses in CRM systems, marketing, sales or a related field are a plus
Field Sales Representative Job Description Template — Free Download
Prepare your next job ad using our free Field Sales Representative Job Description Template. The responsibilities and qualifications listed offer a general guideline, which you can tailor to match the employee your company’s requirements.
Get a copy today by filling out the form below.
"*" indicates required fields
Related: How To Write a Job Description