Traits of a successful Document Controller include meticulous attention to detail, organizational proficiency and a strong command of document management software.
Copy or download our free Document Controller Job Description Template to create a compelling online job posting.
Document Controller Job Overview
[Company Name] is seeking a dedicated Document Controller to join the team.
As a Document Controller, you will be responsible for preparing, managing and filing crucial documents for our projects. You will also ensure seamless operations by reviewing, processing and archiving documents while maintaining accessibility for all team members.
Your expertise in document management software and keen eye for detail will contribute to the transparent and easily traceable documentation that aligns with [Company Name’s] commitment to excellence in the industry.
Apply now to be part of our dynamic team.
Schedule: Full-time (40 hours per week), with the possibility of overtime beyond 40 hours per week
Document Controller Duties & Responsibilities
- File documents in both physical and digital formats, ensuring proper storage
- Collect and register technical documents, such as drawings and blueprints
- Create templates for future use, streamlining documentation processes
- Review and edit records for accuracy
- Liaise with project teams and external parties to ensure a smooth flow of information between these groups
- Report errors or developments regarding document storage promptly
- Print and scan documents in accordance with company procedures
- Follow and enhance document control procedures, ensuring compliance with specific guidelines and quality criteria
- Use computer systems to organize and distribute documents efficiently
- Provide training to document control clerks and employees on effective methods for managing documents
- Oversee the entire document lifecycle from inception to archival
Document Controller Experience Requirements & Skills
- Proven work experience as a Document Controller or in a similar role
- Strong proficiency in MS Office
- Knowledge of document management systems like SharePoint, OnlyOffice, DocuWare Cloud, Rubex and ProArc
- Proficiency in document capturing systems like CAPSYS Capture and Xerox DocuShare
- Highly organized with effective data organization skills
- Excellent communication skills for collaboration with various teams
- Proficient typing and editing skills for precise document handling
- Experience in minute-taking, ensuring comprehensive documentation
- Familiarity with relevant regulations regarding document keeping and handling
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to multitask efficiently in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- Flexibility and openness to change
Document Controller Education & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or a similar field is a plus
Document Controller Job Description Template — Free Download
Optimize your hiring process with our Document Controller Job Description Template. Replace [Company Name] with the name of your organization, share your mission and vision and other pertinent details such as perks and growth opportunities.
Download this template now.
"*" indicates required fields
Related: How To Write a Job Description