They also have extensive training in tax and labor laws and are subject to state regulatory oversight.
Create a job post in minutes with our free Certified Public Accountant Job Description Template.
Certified Public Accountant Job Overview
We at [Company Name] are looking for an experienced Certified Public Accountant who will lead auditing efforts and financial data analyses.
Part of their responsibilities include identifying areas for process improvement and cost reduction, and ensuring compliance with laws and accounting principles.
Candidates should be experienced in public accounting with strong proficiency in accounting software. Having excellent attention to detail is also a must.
Schedule: Full-time (40 hours per week), office-based
Certified Public Accountant Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct financial audits, examining financial statements and ensuring compliance with accounting standards, regulations and company policies
- Prepare and analyze complex financial reports, providing insights into financial performance and recommending strategies for improvement
- Develop and implement financial systems and controls to safeguard assets and ensure accurate and timely financial reporting
- Assist in the preparation of tax returns, ensuring compliance with tax laws and identifying opportunities for tax savings
- Conduct internal audits to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls and processes
- Collaborate with management to provide financial expertise and support decision-making processes
- Stay abreast of changes in financial regulations and accounting standards, ensuring continuous compliance
- Manage and coordinate the budgeting process, working closely with departments to set financial targets and monitor performance against budgets
- Provide guidance on accounting treatment for complex transactions and ensure proper documentation
- Analyze and interpret financial data, identifying trends, anomalies and opportunities for process improvement
- Facilitate communication with external auditors and regulatory authorities, ensuring a smooth audit process
- Advise on risk management strategies and contribute to the development of financial policies and procedures
- Keep accurate and organized financial records, ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of financial information
- Provide training and guidance to junior staff, fostering their professional development and adherence to accounting standards
- Participate in cross-functional teams to address financial challenges and contribute to the overall success of the organization
Certified Public Accountant Experience Requirements & Skills
- Minimum of [Number] years of experience as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or a similar role
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret financial data and identify trends and anomalies
- In-depth knowledge of tax and labor laws and experience in preparing tax returns, identifying opportunities for tax savings
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, to convey complex financial information to stakeholders
- Strong background in managing and coordinating the budgeting process, setting financial targets and monitoring performance against budgets
- Proficiency in using accounting software and tools, such as Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems (e.g., SAP, Oracle)
- Competence in using data visualization tools, such as Tableau or Power BI, to present financial data in a clear and accessible manner
- Experience in preparing and analyzing complex financial reports, providing valuable insights and recommendations
Certified Public Accountant Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA designation is mandatory
- Additional certifications or courses in accounting, finance, ERP systems or a related field are a plus
Certified Public Accountant Job Description Template — Free Download
Keep things simple with our free Certified Public Accountant Job Description Template. After downloading the template below, make adjustments based on your company’s requirements.
Fill out the form below to get your download instantly.
"*" indicates required fields
Related: How To Write a Job Description