In this comprehensive job listing page, OysterLink brings you some of the most exciting opportunities for both seasoned restaurant servers and aspiring professionals eager to explore the restaurant industry in Miami.
Don’t miss out on these fantastic server jobs. Join OysterLink today and embark on a fulfilling journey as a restaurant server in Miami!
Top-Paying Server Jobs in Miami
Check out these fantastic server jobs in Miami!
We’ve included all the details you might need – the estimated salary, job type, employment benefits and application details.
Before applying, make sure you have a good idea of what you’re getting yourself into. Here’s an article on a server job description to get you started.
1. Server | Earls Dadeland, Miami, FL
Earls Kitchen + Bar is a premium family-owned dining restaurant and bar group with 68 locations in Canada and the United States (U.S.).With its global-scale menu and casual yet sophisticated setting, Earls prides itself on its intensive in-house training, perfect for those starting a career in hospitality. Join Earls today and be part of its service team as a server. Candidates must have at least one year of experience in server jobs or other restaurant positions.
- Salary: $24,000–$30,000 + tips
- Job type: Part-time and on-site
- Benefits: Flexible unpaid vacation, flexible scheduling, employee discounts, leadership programs, in-house hospitality and culinary training programs, mentorship programs, extended health benefits, career development and advancement opportunities, etc.
- How to apply: Visit Earls’ website to apply today.
2. Server | Hard Rock Café, Miami, FL
Hard Rock Cafe is a chain of restaurants, shops, casinos and more founded in 1971. Since then, it has earned global recognition with 265 locations in over 70 countries.
Given its distinct theme, server jobs in Hard Rock Cafe also require workers to assume the role of tour guides, entertainers, communicators and even musicians at heart.
- Salary: $22,000–$27,000 per year + tips
- Job type: Full-time and on-site
- Benefits: Health, dental and vision insurance, 401k, paid time off (PTO), discounts, etc.
- How to apply: Visit Hard Rock’s Cafe’s website to apply today.
3. Server Assistant | Puttshack USA Inc., Miami, FL
Puttshack offers an upscale, tech-driven mini golf entertainment experience. With its multiple locations across both the United Kingdom and the U.S., its goal is to provide great entertainment, world-class food and groundbreaking tech.
Puttshack is currently offering server jobs for those who would like to join its team in offering food and drinks to guests enjoying mini golf.
- Salary: $19,000–$24,000 per year + tips
- Job Type: Full-time and on-site
- Benefits: PTO, health, dental and vision insurance, 401k, 50% discounts on food and beverage, free mini golf, paid parental leave, etc.
- How to Apply: Visit Puttshack’s website to apply today.
4. Server | Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen, Miami, FL
Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen is an American restaurant chain with more than 170 locations across 28 states in the U.S. Cheddar’s has multiple restaurant job openings on many of its sites, including server job openings in Miami.
Cheddar’s servers will welcome guests, serve food and ensure a great dining experience for everyone.
- Salary: $27,000–$35,000 per year + tips
- Job Type: Full-time and on-site
- Benefits: Flexible schedules, weekly pay, health and wealth benefits, career advancement opportunities, dining and other discounts, etc.
- How to Apply: Visit Cheddar’s website to apply today.
5. Server | P.F. Chang’s, Miami, FL
P.F. Chang’s is a casual dining restaurant chain serving Asian fusion cuisine. Since its inception in 1993, it now has 300 locations in 22 countries.
P.F. Chang’s is offering server jobs for its scratch kitchen restaurant. Candidates are not required to have previous experience, and training will be provided. However, a food handler’s card, or the ability to obtain one, is necessary.
- Salary: $26,000–$35,000 + tips
- Job Type: Full-time and on-site
- Benefits: Vacation pay, flexible schedule, paid on-the-job training, career advancement opportunities, free meals, employee referral program, financial support programs, etc.
- How to Apply: Visit P.F. Chang’s website to apply today.
6. Server | North Italia, Miami, FL
For more than 20 years, North Italia has been a contemporary Italian group behind a collection of upscale casual dining restaurants.
North prides itself on being recognized as one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® and also receiving awards such as “Best Workplace for Millennials,” “Best Workplace for Women” and “Best Workplace for Diversity.”
North is offering server jobs in Miami with at least two years of experience to join its team in Dadeland and help assist guests, offering them an Italian dining experience beyond their expectations.
- Salary: Up to $1,000 per week
- Job Type: Part-time and on-site
- Benefits: Flexible schedule, hospitality training, medical, dental and vision insurance, PTO, discounted shift meals, other discounts, career growth opportunities, etc.
- How to Apply: Visit North Italia’s website to apply today.
Salary Trends for Server Jobs in Miami
Servers in Miami get an average salary of around $33,550 per year, which doesn’t include tips yet (regardging for tips, it’s best to check with the employer before applying).
As of September 2022, Florida’s minimum wage was set at $11 per hour, Effective September 30, 2023, the minimum wage will increase to $12 per hour, with a $1 raise every year until it reaches $15 per hour in 2026.
OysterLink stays up to date with the latest salary trends, empowering you to make informed job decisions. In fact, we wrote this article on server salary across major U.S. cities just for you.
Whether you’re a server in Miami or someone exploring opportunities in Florida, having access to reliable salary data can help you make well-informed choices about your future.
Legal Requirements for a Server Position in Miami
If you’re interested in taking on a role as a restaurant server or other restaurant positions, you must meet the following legal requirements.
- Have all legal rights to work in the U.S. (e.g., visa, residency status, etc.).
- Must meet state minimum age (18) to serve alcohol. (Important note: Only those age 21 years or older can consume alcohol.)
- (As needed) Must have a food handler card or the ability to obtain one.
Frequently Asked Questions
We compiled a list of FAQs below so you can understand the ins and outs of working as a server in Miami. If you need help with interviews for server positions, check out our article on common interview questions for servers.
How are work hours and breaks handled for server jobs in Miami?
Work hours and breaks are essential, and employers typically comply with Florida labor laws. Depending on the length of your shift, you may be entitled to specific rest periods and meal breaks to ensure you stay energized and focused.
Is there a service charge on customers’ bills, and do servers receive a portion of it?
Some bills might include a service charge. However, please note that service charges and tips are different. While tips go directly to servers, the distribution of service charges may vary.
Make sure to ask about the restaurant’s policy regarding service charges and how they impact server earnings.
Can I participate in tip pooling at the restaurant?
Absolutely! Many restaurants encourage fair tip pooling among team members. Tips are meant to be shared based on a reasonable and transparent policy to promote teamwork and exceptional service.
Is training provided for server jobs, especially for those without prior experience?
Many restaurants in Miami provide training for new servers, regardless of their prior experience. Training programs typically cover customer service, menu knowledge and standard operating procedures to help new servers succeed in their roles.
Are uniforms provided, or do servers need to purchase their own?
The policy on uniforms can differ between restaurants. Some establishments may provide uniforms, while others may require servers to purchase their own specified attire. Make sure to inquire about the dress code during the hiring process.
What are the busiest tourist seasons in Miami, and how does this impact server job opportunities?
Miami experiences peak tourist seasons during winter and spring, attracting a higher influx of visitors. During these times, restaurants may have increased demand for server jobs to accommodate the higher number of patrons.
Finding the Best Server Jobs in Miami With OysterLink
Looking for server jobs in Miami? OysterLink has got you covered! Whether you have years of experience or just starting your server journey, we have diverse opportunities in Miami’s vibrant dining scene.
At OysterLink, we make your job search easy and user-friendly. Our platform connects you with server job listings across the country, including Miami, featuring cozy cafes, casual restaurants and more.