Are you looking to hire a Contract Administrator to streamline your contract management process? Utilize our free Contract Administrator Job Description Template to attract qualified candidates.
Contract Administrator Job Overview
[Company Name] is excited to welcome a dedicated Contract Administrator to the team. This role requires you to oversee the preparation, negotiation and review of various company contracts, including purchases, sales and business partnerships.
If you’re meticulous, adept at contract management and committed to meeting our company goals, we’d be thrilled to have you on board.
Schedule: Full-time (40 hours per week), with the possibility of overtime beyond 40 hours per week
Contract Administrator Duties & Responsibilities
- Draft and negotiate legally binding contracts, establishing terms and conditions including service levels, fees and financial obligations
- Negotiate contract terms with both internal and external business partners
- Review and update existing contracts to ensure relevance and compliance
- Maintain a systematic and organized record-keeping system for both physical and digital contract documents
- Stay informed about legislative changes and collaborate with the legal department as needed
- Develop standardized language and guidelines for contracts
- Submit contracts to the appropriate authorities
- Conduct document review meetings, prepare financial statements and assist in report preparation
- Research and resolve contract issues to maintain smooth contract administration
Contract Administrator Experience Requirements & Skills
- Proven experience in roles such as Contract Administrator or similar position
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills
- Keen attention to detail, capable of identifying errors
- Ability to collaborate with individuals at various seniority levels, including staff, managers and external partners
- Exceptional analytical, time management, problem solving and organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Capability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure
Contract Administrator Education & Qualifications
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree, possession of a master’s degree is preferred
- Having certifications from the National Contract Management Association (NCMA) such as the Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM) and Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM) is advantageous
Contract Administrator Job Description Template — Free Download
This customizable template streamlines the creation of engaging online job ads tailored specifically for a Contract Administrator position.
Start by replacing [Company Name] with your organization’s name and adjust the content to suit your unique requirements. Personalize salary details, work conditions and include other relevant information such as employee benefits and opportunities for professional growth.
Access our free Contract Administrator Job Description Template by typing your email and selecting the Free Download option.
"*" indicates required fields
Related: How To Write a Job Description