A successful chef de partie possesses advanced culinary expertise and has excellent leadership and communication skills.
Chef de Partie Job Overview
Embark on a rewarding culinary journey as a chef de partie with [Restaurant name]. This role includes managing a specific kitchen section, preparing high-quality food that meets [Restaurant name’s] standards and managing kitchen inventory.
We seek an individual who excels under pressure, values collaboration and is committed to providing outstanding food and service. If you’re passionate about the art of cooking and you welcome opportunities to improve your skills, this position is for you.
Schedule: Full-Time (40 hours per week) with possible overtime. Monday–Friday, with some work on weekends and public holidays.
Chef de Partie Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare, cook and present high-quality dishes within the assigned kitchen section
- Collaborate with the sous chef to create menu concepts and recipes
- Supervise and train commis chefs
- Monitor portion control and minimize waste
- Offer assistance in other kitchen areas when needed
- Maintain ample supplies at cooking stations
- Follow directions from the sous chef and contribute ideas for new dish presentations
- Enforce strict health and hygiene standards
Chef de Partie Qualifications & Skills
- Knowledge and capability to manage a kitchen section independently
- Competence to work without close supervision
- Strong time management, communication and leadership skills
- Enthusiasm for personal and team skill development
- Adaptability to change and a willingness to embrace new ideas and processes
- Positive and approachable demeanor, with team player qualities
- Ability to multitask efficiently under pressure
- Ability to maintain cost and quality standards
Chef de Partie Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in culinary arts or a related field
- 3+ years of culinary experience
Use our job description template to simplify your hiring process. Customize to match your company’s preferences.
Download this FREE job description template
"*" indicates required fields
Related: How To Write a Job Description