Key attributes for success in this role include strong organizational abilities to coordinate orders efficiently, adaptability and effective communication.
Food Runner Job Overview
We are seeking an energetic and professional food runner to contribute to [Restaurant name’s] success. In this position, you will perform tasks such as preparing tables, serving orders and enhancing the overall dining experience through collaboration with both kitchen and waitstaff.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience in the restaurant industry and demonstrate your ability to deliver outstanding service.
We’re looking for a candidate who can work under pressure and communicate effectively with both staff members and customers.
Schedule: Full-Time (40 hours per week), with the possibility of overtime beyond 40 hours per week
Food Runner Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver food orders from the kitchen to guests quickly
- Support kitchen and waitstaff for smooth operations and clean setup
- Prepare trays and manage order tickets
- Help customers with orders and explain specials
- Handle impromptu requests from customers and report feedback to management
- Respond to customers’ inquiries about ingredients and menu items
- Provide welcome drinks and hors d’oeuvres when customers arrive
- Work calmly and efficiently in challenging situations
Food Runner Qualifications & Skills
- Self-motivated with high energy and effective verbal communication
- Knowledge of hygiene and food safety rules
- Physical strength for tray carrying and long hours on your feet
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to stay professional in high-pressure situations
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and appearance
Food Runner Education & Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or GED
- Prior experience in a similar restaurant role is strongly preferred
Use our job description template to simplify your hiring process. Customize to match your company’s preferences.
"*" indicates required fields
Related: How To Write a Job Description