OysterLink is your go-to platform for curated restaurant job opportunities in the vibrant city of Miami.
We understand that finding the perfect job in the culinary industry can be overwhelming with numerous job posting websites out there.
That’s why we’re here to simplify the process and save you valuable time and effort.
- Compare top-paying job postings from popular platforms.
- Handpick the best job openings that match your skill set and preferences.
- Find promising opportunities in one location.
And now discover the lucrative landscape of Miami’s restaurant job market as we unveil the top-paying professions that are making waves in the Magic City.
Top-Paying Restaurant Jobs in Miami
Miami is known for its diverse culture, breathtaking beaches and a melting pot of flavors that make it a food lover’s paradise. Behind the scenes of the city’s bustling restaurants, there is a world of culinary talent and opportunities for individuals seeking rewarding careers in the industry.
Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a passionate food enthusiast looking to turn your passion into a profession, join us as we delve into the highest-paying restaurant jobs that Miami has to offer.
1. Fine Dining Bartender | Truluck’s, Miami, Fl
Truluck’s is dedicated to creating exhilarating moments and enduring memories. The core values of this fine dining establishment include culinary excellence, sustainable seafood, Southern culture and philanthropy.
Truluck is now looking for experienced fine-dining bartenders who are dedicated, professional and accountable. A minimum of five years of hospitality experience is required.
- Salary: $65,000–$100,000 per year (+ tips)
- Job type: Full-time/part-time
- Benefits: Enjoy daily shift meals, a performance-based culture with opportunities for promotions and increased pay, comprehensive health, vision and dental insurance, employee discounts, paid time off, a flexible schedule and a 401(k) plan with matching contributions.
- How to apply: Visit Truluck’s website to apply today.
2. General Manager | Carnicero Steakhouse, Miami, Fl
Carnicero Steakhouse, a premier steakhouse soon to open in Miami, is dedicated to providing its guests with a remarkable dining experience. Renowned for its expertly prepared steaks, including wagyu, prime, dry-aged beef and an array of fresh seafood dishes, the restaurant promises high-quality products and exceptional services.
Carnicero is looking to hire an experienced general manager to join and lead their team. The ideal candidate for this position possesses strong leadership and interpersonal skills, at least five years of previous experience and a bachelor’s degree in business, hospitality or a related field.
- Salary: $59,600–$75,500 per year
- Job type: Full-time, 10-hour shifts
- Benefits: Health/vision/dental insurance, employee discount, paid time off, flexible schedule and 401(k) with match, ensuring a rewarding work experience. This position also requires travel, which can be observed as an added benefit as well.
- How to apply: Visit Carnicero Steakhouse’s job openings to apply today.
3. Catering Attendant | Restaurant Associates, Miami, Fl
Restaurant Associates is one of the food service industry leaders for premier museums, corporate accounts and performing arts centers, operating in more than 160 countries.
Known for providing culinary mastery and unparalleled hospitality to their accounts, Restaurant Associates is looking for a catering attendant who will deliver and serve food at functions supervised by the catering captain.
- Salary: $20 per hour
- Job type: Full-time, Monday to Friday
- Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package, medical/dental/vision coverage, life/disability insurance, retirement plan, paid sick time off, holiday time off, health and wellness programs, employee referral bonuses, identity theft protection and commuter benefits.
- How to apply: Visit Restaurant Associate’s careers page to apply today.
4. Food & Beverage Manager | Regency by Sonesta, Miami Airport, Fl
Located close to the International Airport in Miami, the Regency by Sonesta embodies a culture of diversity and respect. With their 176 pet-friendly rooms and junior suites, they provide a comfortable stay with a lot of amenities, including an à la carte selection of various food choices and a wonderful dining experience.
Right now, Regency is looking to hire a food & beverage manager, who will play a pivotal role in overseeing and coordinating all restaurant operations.
- Salary: $50,000–$65,000 per year
- Job type: Full-time
- Benefits: Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including two weeks of vacation pay, four sick days per year, two hours of paid volunteer time per month, holiday pay, medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, a 401k retirement plan with company match, worldwide hotel room discounts and the convenience of direct deposit payroll.
- How to apply: Visit Regency by Sonata’s careers page to apply today.
5. Restaurant Server | Klaw, Miami, Fl
Led by a passionate and adventurous team, the famous fine dining restaurant Klaw is known for its meticulously crafted masterful dishes combining the finest Certified Black Angus Nebraskan Beef and Norwegian King Crab.
This one-of-a-kind dining experience is located at the historical building of Miami’s Women Club, dating back to the early 1900s.
Klaw is currently looking to hire multiple servers and assistant servers. If you have a minimum of two years of experience, and you’re willing to learn about Klaw’s unique offering, this might be the right entry position for you with an above-average salary for servers.
- Salary: $35,000–$45,000 per year
- Job type: Full-time, 10-hour shifts
- Benefits: Working at Klaw offers a range of benefits including a dynamic and collaborative work environment, opportunities for growth and development, competitive compensation and a chance to be part of a team passionate about delivering exceptional dining experiences.
- How to apply: Visit Klaw’s careers page to apply today.
Now this is a list made up of top-paying restaurant jobs in Miami. If you’re interested in which positions usually get the best benefits and pay, check out one of our recent blogs covering the best-paying jobs in restaurants.
Salary Trends for Restaurant Jobs in Miami
OysterLink is your ultimate resource for exploring restaurant jobs and gaining insights into salary trends in the local restaurant industry.
According to the latest data, the average salary for a restaurant manager in Miami is $51,118 in 2023, as reported by PayScale. But that’s one of the higher-paying, responsible positions currently available in Miami.
It’s worth noting that the average salary for restaurant staff in Miami is $13.87 per hour. On top of that, customer-facing roles can expect to receive tips, but this should be checked before applying.
And with 6k+ restaurant jobs currently available in Miami, there is a wide array of openings waiting to be explored.
Whether you aspire to be a chef, line cook, bartender or server, the opportunities are abundant in Miami’s thriving culinary landscape.
If you’re interested in exploring Miami salary trends in the restaurant industry, please feel free to explore our resources.
Miami Restaurant Positions in High Demand
Whether you’re a seasoned professional or just starting your career, there’s a wide range of exciting restaurant opportunities awaiting you in Miami, Florida.
Here are some of the most popular restaurant jobs in Miami:
- Restaurant managers
- Line cooks
- Other restaurant staff
One of the most popular job positions in the restaurant industry is that of waiters and waitresses. In fact, their number is expected to reach 2.91 million in the U.S. by 2026. Their crucial role in providing customer service and ensuring guest satisfaction makes them an integral part of any dining establishment.
Poll: What Benefits Do Miami’s Restaurant Workers Truly Desire?
If you’re a restaurant worker in Miami—we would love to hear from you. As we embark on a quest to redefine the boundaries of employee benefits, your voice holds the key to unlocking a world of possibilities.
Participate in our poll and share your aspirations! From comprehensive health care to professional development opportunities, let’s sculpt a future where your career flourishes, guided by benefits designed to empower your extraordinary journey.
To work in Miami, there are a few legal requirements that must be met.
Here are some of the general requirements you’re expected to meet in most, if not all, restaurants:
- Obtain the necessary registrations, licenses or permits to legally operate the restaurant
- Comply with industry-specific licensing regulations relevant to your business location
- Adhere to OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) regulations, ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for employees
- Provide comprehensive training on workplace safety and health hazards
- Follow the guidelines set forth by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) regarding minimum wage, overtime pay, recordkeeping and child labor
- Ensure compliance with FLSA standards, which apply to most employees in the United States
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it hard to get a restaurant job in Miami?
The difficulty of getting a restaurant job in Miami can vary depending on factors such as demand, experience and economic conditions, but competition can be high given the vibrant culinary scene and tourism.
How much do restaurant servers make in Miami?
The average salary for restaurant servers in Miami can vary based on factors such as the type of establishment, location and tips received, but it typically falls within the range of the state’s minimum wage and tips earned.
What is Florida’s minimum wage for waiters?
The minimum wage for tipped employees, including waiters, in Florida is $5.63 per hour. However, it’s important to note that minimum wage laws can change, so it’s advisable to check for the most up-to-date information.
What is a livable salary in Miami?
The concept of a “livable salary” can vary depending on an individual’s lifestyle, expenses and personal circumstances. However, as of 2021, the cost of living in Miami is relatively high compared to the national average. A rough estimate for a livable salary in Miami would typically exceed $50,000 per year to cover basic expenses comfortably.